Colleen of the future (stuff I’ll be doing)
- December L.A. Biznik Mixer at Jerry’s Famous [Los Angeles; Weds., December 8] , Last one of the year, but I promise you there’s nothing “holiday” about it. If you’re L.A.-local or in the area, please join us at the monthly mixer I co-sponsor with my pal, Heather Parlato. Join up here (free membership, which is nice), then sign up here.
- The Love Fire (A poetry event orchestrated by Akka B.) [Ojai, CA; Fri., December 3] The lovely Akka B. graciously invited me to read a poem at this lovely event. Very excited, as it combines several of my favorite things: poetry, reading aloud, Akka B/awesome friends, and Bart’s Books!
- L.A. stop of the Unconventional Book Tour [Los Angeles; Fri., December 10], I’m a big fan of Chris Guillebeau, so whenever he’s in the vicinity, I try to make it out. You know the book is great, then come out to Book Soup to meet the man behind it. Sign up at the Book Tour website for updates on other details.
- Women’s Business Social [Ojai, CA; Thu., December 16] My friend Jodi has been hosting these for almost two years now, helping the ladypeople give a big, fat “Eff you!” to the crap economy. This month’s meetup is back at my favorite Ojai spot, The Ojai Valley Inn & Spa. Schwank!
Colleen of the Past (stuff I did, or that was done to/with/about me)
- No-Fail Framework for Marketing Yourself :: As a sort of ramping-up for a series of talks I’m giving to the ASMP next year, I wrote this piece on marketing 101 in the new era for the ADBASE blog and magazine. If you’ve been reading my stuff for a while, you’ll recognize the thinking straightaway, but the article gave me a chance to write about it more cogently and clearly. (You may need to Instapaper it, though, that’s some seriously light-gray type they use on the blog!)
- Greatest gallery I’ve been inducted into :: Nothing else to say about that.
Colleen of the Present (ongoing projects)
- communicatrix | focuses :: My monthly newsletter devoted to the ways and means of becoming a better clearer communicator (plus a few special treats I post nowhere else). Free! (archives & sign-up)
- Act Smart! is my monthly column about marketing for actors for LA Casting, but I swear, you’ll find stuff in it that’s useful, too. Browse the archives, here.
- Internet flotsam :: If you suffer from a surfeit of time, you can always look for me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, StumbleUpon and delicious.