A mostly monthly but forever occasional round-up of what I’ve been up to and what I plan to be. For full credits and details, see this entry.
Colleen of the future (places I’ll be)
- The World-Changing Writers Workshop (course: June/July 2010; my “class” is on July 8) Finally, after years of hounding by millions, okay, some hounding by a few persistent souls, I’ll be teaching a little mini-class on writing as part of this excellent workshop series produced by my pals Pace & Kyeli of Freak Revolution. The lineup is STELLAR, four of my fave writers, plus me!, and I can already tell from the prep that Pace & Kyeli have requested from me that this series is going to kick some booty. Pre-registration starts next Tuesday, May 11, but if you go to this page now, you can sign up for a free intro tele-class (I won’t be on that call) and download a free PDF with some good, basic writing tools. Oh, and yes, I’m getting paid for teaching, and yes, those are affiliate links. Look at me in my Big-Girl Pants, getting paid for shit!
- May L.A. Biznik Happy Hour at Jerry’s Famous (Wednesday, May 12; 5:30 – 8) If you live in L.A., work for yourself and want to get out of the house to meet/mix with other like-minded people, come check out this monthly gathering my cohort Heather Parlato and I have been hosting for almost a year and a half. It’s free to join us (we ask that you buy a little something to support Jerry’s), but you’ll need to join Biznik here first (which, hooray!, is also free).
Colleen of the Past (stuff I did you might not know about)
- The Career Clinic radio talk show I had a fantastic time talking with my Internet pal and real-life terrestrial radio talk show host, Maureen Anderson, about decluttering as it relates to business, creativity and life itself. All four segments are available for your listening/downloading pleasure here, on this shiny new libsyn account I set up: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4
- TEDxTacoma If you weren’t there, I’m sorry you missed it. If you were, I love you and can’t wait until we meet again. A truly extraordinary day of inspiration, fun and unbridled passion-exchanging. I wrote about it here. My small contribution, a talk on communicating with passion, that’s sort of a mini-crash-course in acting, is available to view on YouTube.
- The Emma blog did a really lovely writeup about my 99.99% non-sucky newsletter (and its apparently spectacular open rate), and…
- My Biznik collaboratrix, Heather Parlato featured me on her (highly-recommended for its own excellence) blog, where she talked about what it is, exactly, that I do. Which is wonderful, because half the time, I have no idea myself.
Colleen of the Present (ongoing projects)
- communicatrix | focuses My monthly newsletter devoted to the all-important subject of increasing your unique fabulosity. One article per month (with actionable tips! and minimal bullsh*t!) about becoming a better communicator, plus the best few of the many cool things I stumble across in my travels. Plus a tiny drawing by yours truly. Free! (archives & sign-up)
- Act Smart! is my monthly column about marketing for actors for LA Casting, but I swear, you’ll find stuff in it that’s useful, too. Browse the archives, here.
- Internet flotsam And of course, I snark it up on Twitter, chit-chat on Facebook, post the odd video or quote to Tumblr, and bookmark the good stuff I find on my travels at StumbleUpon and delicious. If you like this sort of stuff, follow me in those places, I only post a fraction of what I find to Twitter and Facebook.